Wakatobi Resort for sale?!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FishCity

Contributor
Reaction score
Apologies if this has already been mentioned but I think Wakatobi Resort is for sale. There is a listing see images. It doesn't seem to include enough buildings, the Pelagian, etc. but sure looks like Wakatobi Resort.

This is a surprise. I hope not an unpleasant one. It had been wonderfully run.

We had been setting up to return.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20241013-122639_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20241013-122639_Instagram.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 24
  • Screenshot_20241013-122633_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20241013-122633_Instagram.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 19
I'm 99% sure that is NOT Wakatobi, but rather the Marind Dive Eco Resort

Ah that would make sense price wise. Thanks.

No. But reading the eco resort how to get here it's a long journey including a 10 hour boat ride.

I was just at Marind last week and the advert does indeed sound and look like it. Funny that neither of the co-owners I spoke to mentioned it was for sale! I stayed as an extension of a group snorkeling trip to WDR since I wanted to dive and WDR didn't have space for me. So I got the charter flight from Bali there but took the long way back. At Marind the food was very good, the bungalows were quite nice and set in beautiful gardens, and I was diving the same sites as WDR. If twice-weekly flights to Wanci resume, as they are rumored to, it will be only a two hour speedboat ride to the harbor a few hundred meters from Marind. If WDR has any say in it I bet those flights will not happen. Marind, Tomia and the local people are delightful, perhaps because it is far from overtouristed, but it really is a long haul to get there, and the dive operation is outsourced.Marind deck.jpgMarind bungalow.jpgPantai Hondue.jpgView attachment 866188Lina coconut.jpg

Attachments

• Pantai Hondue boats.jpg
    Pantai Hondue boats.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 10

Back
Top Bottom