Wakatobi info please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

xrcjdx

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I've been lucky enough to dive Wakatobi on a liveaboard. Considering a trip back next year, but it will not be by liveaboard and unfortunately I'm not a millionaire so it won't be Wakatobi dive resort. Can anyone point me in the right direction rea local dive op?

Popular among local divers. Seem the website not updated.
Pre covid I had correspondence with Dr. Yudi the owner of Tomia dive center.
I hope he's still there.

Thank you Chris and Wisnu. Those are both points in the right direction and greatly appreciated.

Tomia Island is where the airport for Wakatobi Resort is. A short boat trip to some great spots if the ones we saw from nearby are any indication.

Considering a trip back next year, but it will not be by liveaboard and unfortunately I'm not a millionaire so it won't be Wakatobi dive resort.
Hope your trip works out and you write us a review when you get back. Got a question. Like many people, I'm aware of Wakatobi via those beautiful ads in dive magazines I saw years ago, and I, too, was put off by the price. I've never even been to that side of the world.

On ScubaBoard, while I've seen reviews and discussions about quite number of destinations in the Coral Triangle region, Raja Ampat and Komodo get a lot of the attention, as do the Philippines if taken collectively.

What specifically appeals to you about Wakatobi as a destination, as it's apparently not the famous, high-priced Wakatobi resort? As opposed to Raja Ampat, PNG or another option? The info. might be helpful to others researching their options.

It does take time. But even snorkeling, the first reef trip out ...as I saw the dense coral and profusion of species of corals and fish, I thought "this hour is worth the whole trip."

Fishcity nails it. I saw some things....

What specifically appeals to you about Wakatobi as a destination, as it's apparently not the famous, high-priced Wakatobi resort? As opposed to Raja Ampat, PNG or another option? The info. might be helpful to others researching their options.

Back
Top Bottom