waiting for ice to melt for ow cert

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba1028

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
very new to diving finished ssi pool sessions and book work but it has been a long winter can not wait for ice to melt

Did that in 1985. The ice went off and 3 days later we did our open water dives. Invigorating! Or maybe stupid.

Ah the anticipation. Remember it well. 1988.... Did our open waters in Lake George, NY in early May. Lake was crystal clear, but just darn COLD (38 degrees)!!!!!

We actually did pool sessions in full suits (farmer johns & beaver tail jackets), hoods and gloves/mitts to understand the difference we were going to experience with all that gear. Almost died of heat stroke in the pool.

Have fun! its so worth it!

Thanks for information and inviting me to the underwater world

Thanks to long of a winter . Is there any divers in southeast Michigan that would dive with a newbie after ow cert

Totally, I'm semi new but I've found the folds of a really great diving "family" and we dive weekly! They're really happy to get people into the water and have some fun, and being new I have never felt like an outsider or newbie. Head into Diver Incorporated Ann Arbor or their new Monroe shop and ask about getting into the swing of heading out for weekly fun! They also have a gear rental shop at White Star Quarry which is the closest to us in SE Michigan which is nice to work with the same people and get familiar with what they can do for you.

happy diving!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom