Waikiki Trip Report - December 2009

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

maritzaj

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Last December I was in Waikiki for a conference and flew in a few days early so my boyfriend and I could get some diving in. I read a few posts in this forum and noticed Gabe's name came up all over the place with glowing reviews. When I called he was diving, I took that as a good sign, then he called on his boat ride back. Within the hour I had booked a 10-dive package with him. I was a little nervous committing to the 10 dives having never met the guy but it worked out perfectly. He even offered to pick us up!

Diving with Gabe was fantastic! We loved every dive and overall just had a really great time. We saw tons of stuff: reef sharks, a manta ray, spotted eagle ray, octopus, frogfish, and broad stingray.

He's the perfect combination of laid back and professional. Diving with him is like diving with a friend, one that's a great diver that encourages you to be a great diver by example not by pointing out your mistakes. A few of my favorite things about the experience: he takes the time to do logbooks every day, he always finds cool stuff, and on the boat ride back he reminds you why that dive was the best dive ever -- you never get the feeling a site is old hat to him.

I can't say enough good things about diving with Gabe. We've dove in Cozumel and Bonaire since our trip and compare our dms to him now, most don't come close.

Would I dive with him again? Yes.
Would I recommend him to a friend? Absolutely.

you know gabe im soooo temped to just dump all the dirt I got on you right here on sb, but no such animal exist.must be that Oregon water...went fishing up there at klamath Falls and grants pass and to tell you the truth everybody I met up there was just like gabe....must be the water

and yes I caught fish.. 2 rainbows 3 1/2 pounders on a neon purple rapala jerk baits.
lost some mad fighting steelheads up at a grants pass though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom