WA/OR recreational pass

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cavtrooper

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Does anyone have one of these? IS it worth the $100 for diving? I am thinking about picking one up but was not sure of they covered any popular divce sites in Washington.... Any help would be great

From the sites that I dive, most are on Puget Sound and none of them would require a pass nor would any pass benefit diving there.

Some of the sites have pay parking spots (Redondo, Sunnyside, Sund Rock) but most have free access if you are willing to walk or get there before everyone else.

Now, if you want to do altitude/lake diving, a parking/permit pass may get you into those sites, but, with this giant saltwater area so close, why would you dive in a lake?

Is this some kind of state park pass? Because at least in the Puget Sound region, the vast majority of shore dives aren't out of state parks.

Yeah, basically it gets you into day fee parks but I wasn't sure if many of the parks in Wa State dive areas were day fee parks.....

BUZO71:
Yeah, basically it gets you into day fee parks but I wasn't sure if many of the parks in Wa State dive areas were day fee parks.....
No ... there are a few that are in state parks, and those used to require a $5 parking pass, but that got rescinded last year.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Doc Intrepid:
Do they have any passes up that way that let you onto charter boats for free all year? :D

I'm comin' back next Spring, and I'll buy one of those!

Oh, yeah, now that's the one I'm waiting on.....

No, but I know where you can get an "all you can eat" Nitrox pass!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom