Vytec computer interface

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, I have one. I bought from Jamiei, who makes them. Works fine on both my Vytec and Vyper. Just download the free Dive Manager software from the Suunto site once you get the unit.

Yes, I have one that I use on my Vytec, follow instructions, works
Great! You get the nice graph, looks good, also lets you monitor
your SAC rate, tells water temperature and you can edit in who, where, what config you where diving, more stuff, you`ll like it, got it from Jamiei, at above link.

TRIG
:)

I have been using it for about a year now. My buddy purchased the real deal from Sunnto and I can't tell the difference between his interface and mine. They look different, but perform the same!

if you need more reassurance... go have a look at my ebay listing and view my feedback. my ebay id is ivesterjamie. There's almost 150 feedbacks from people that have purchased one from me through ebay. The current listing is #3633351774 if that makes it easier to find. Let me know if you have any other questions. I'm going out of town tomorrow for a wedding and won't be back until Tuesday though so if I don't respond, you know why...

Thanks Jamiei. I'll contact you next week when you return about ordering one...

Yes they work. I made mine for < $5usd in about 3 hours.

I personally would not take a chance to destroy a $700 cobra or vytec just trying to save 50 bucks. Remember Sunnto will not warranty the damage done to your computer.

Teknadv3x:
I personally would not take a chance to destroy a $700 cobra or vytec just trying to save 50 bucks. Remember Sunnto will not warranty the damage done to your computer.

Can anyone at all on this board report ever having damage done to their dive computer from an interface? I've made over 500 of them, and used each and every one on my cobra and I've never had the first problem (just to reassure those people thinking about building one on their own). You would have to try extremely hard to damage a dive computer that way.

Teknadv3x:

This is simply a serial cable. You would have to plug the other end of the cable in the wall instead of the computer to cause damage.

Back
Top Bottom