Vyper Air Transmitter pairing? once or every dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buddhasummer

Down under...
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
This question is specific to the Vyper Air. I read over on another board that the new Suuntos now only need to be paired once at which time the code is stored, much like the Galileo Sol/Luna, and not every time you dive. I have read the manual but cannot find anything to confirm or deny this. I have contacted Suunto but have not yet received a reply. Can anyone confirm this. Cheers

You do it once. I've had mine a couple months and in that time, it forgot how to synch once. I resynched it and its fine.

I've had one for about six months. I wear it in the pool frequently as an instructor. Mine has "de-sync'd" a few times but it's easy to re-sync. You wouldn't want it to sync permanently in case a buddy or someone in your group was on the same channel.

Hi buddhasummer,
You only need to pair it once unless you would manually like to change the code.
You may want to manually change a code if your buddy has the same code as you.
To manually change the code that your transmitter puts out, you must pressurize the transmitter, depressurize it and then pressurize it again in less than 10 sec. Afterward, you must clear the code in your wrist unit, by using the menu prompts, so that it will pick up the new transmitter code.

Back
Top Bottom