VT3 pressure reading is really accurate!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

charlesml3

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Gang,

My LDS also has a gear service company on site (Airtech). I took my reg and VT3 over a week or so ago and had them put it on their test bench.

We started at 3000 PSI comparing his bench gauge to the readout on the VT3. From there stopping at 2000, 1000, and 500 PSI we found that the VT3 was within 20 PSI of his bench gauge.

Very impressive. My old dive computer read 240 PSI under the tank pressure across the board. Apparently it was some "safety feature." I always hated that. I want accurate information so I can make informed decisions.

-Charles

Thanks for the info!

On top of that, the depth reading is very accurate, too! In a dry dive in the deco chamber a few weeks ago the chamber depth was 50m, and my VT3 showed 49,9m.

Now we only need somebody who does a calibration on the dive time :wink:

Excellent. I'm glad dive computer manufacturers are moving towards ACCURATE information. I hate gear that tries to 2nd guess me and make me "safer."

-Charles

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom