VT3 connection problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

opie

Divemaster
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I can not get my VT3 to connect to my computer. Does the count down and all but the computer never picks it up. Any ideas to what i may be doing wrong?:confused:

I had this problem recently and I found it was due to the fact that the transmitter was too cold prior to the dive. I even tried new batteries with no luck. Once I got home and everything warmed up, it worked just fine. Keep in mind that this dive was at 35F, so it was pretty cold.

Hm my last dive was tuesday morning and it was in 74 degree water.

Maybe i worded my question wrong. I am trying to download the dive data from my VT3 to my laptop. But i can't get it to connect to the laptop.

I have the same dive computer I maybe able to help.

What does the your pc say after you download the dives?
There is a button on the program that you have to click to "save dives"

Also you have to make sure that the dives you want to save are checked (selected) before you click the save dives button.

Im not sure if you are already doing all of this, so I will just list it out. I don't know if this is the same on newer versions of oceanlog.

1) plug your download cable into your pc. (not into your vt3 yet)

2) open oceanlog

3) click on the red plus symbol at the top (a small "add dive options" box should open)

4) select "download from pdc" and click ok (a box with a list of instructions should open)

5) turn on your vt3

6) plug the download cable into your vt3. (count down should start)

7) before the countdown gets to zero click on the small blue arrow on the upper left of the box (looks like a play button), this should start the download which will show in the upper right.

8) when the download is complete you should get a box that tells you to unplug fom the vt3 and then click ok. clicking ok should take you to a list of your stored dives.

9) follow the instructions on the left of the box. (options on selecting the dives you want to move to your log)

10) when you are finished click on the red square. this should return you to your log and your dives that you selected should be added.

hope this helps.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom