VT 3 Computer problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just bought an extra transmitter to monitor my wife's rig (she's new to diving). After progamming the serial # into the "U" settings and selecting "on" and buddy "1", I can't get a reading. Is there a reason I cannot get it to work on land. Does the Wet activation have to be turned off?? Any help would be appreciated. And Yes,I still get the readings for my tank.

To do a "buddy check" or a "gas switch" if the other transmitter was set to "SELF", you have to be in dive mode, you can't do either in surface mode.

However, you can test the link on the surface. Hook up her regulator to a tank and pressurize it. In surface mode, stand near her transmitter hold down the side button for more than two seconds. This will perform a battery check of your computer and a battery and pressure check of any linked transmitters. Assuming you set her transmitter to TMT 2, if your computer finds TMT 2, a battery level, and the pressure of the tank you are hooked up to will be displayed.

If you get this display, you can assume it will work while in dive mode, buddy check. If you are using buddy check, make sure your computer has firmware r1F.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom