VR3 or Hammerhead

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As of 11am GMT this morn (5th) my hammerhead should have been here, but unfortunately Fed Ex still have it in Pittsburgh for some reason :( They say friday now :upset:

There will be write ups and pics asap

S

... aren't you ? :D Looking forward to see that project come along. No more stage tanks ... scary thought, can't help it. The scrubber design sounds intresting, really hope you get that to work safely. :)

As for the Hammerhead, at least it's coming. Whish you luck so it gets to you before the weekend. :D Enjoy it.

Madmole
great web site. i just recieved my Insperation, and my dive budy just recieved his Hammer Head

I look forward to visiting your web site and seeing what you are up to

madmole once bubbled...
:D You guessed what I'm planning!!!, yep a Twinspiration. 4 x 2L cylinders, 2 scrubbers the primary will be a 5 hour rated radial.

So I'll have a 5 hour primary unit with a 3 hour bailout. Should be good to 140m ish with no side slungs!!!!!! and be the same weight as twin 12's with a stage :D. We are working on a joint scrubber design so the heat from the primary keeps the secondary up to speed

I have a particular 125m Dive I'm aiming at for next year. Undived Virgin wreck

125 m is only 375 feet, I know of a couple of guys doing those dives with a stock insperation. mind you the guy doing 500 is in very warm water. but the other is in Canada.
How about just a bigger scrubber?

The place to look is http://www.deepbandits.de/ , they build custom parts for the Inspiration as well as a complete unit based on it called Deep Bandit One. DB1 has a scrubber capacity of 3,8kg instead of the standard 2,45kg.
Not sure if it fits the yellow box though, DB uses a frame out of steel on the DB1.

Aqua Tec, who's your Buddy? must be Joe! there are only 6 of us with Hammerheads at the moment testing them (and 4 are in the UK, and Tom Mount is the 6th). We have hit a few teething problems so they are'nt very divable at present, but thats being sorted (in fact it means we will have even more configuration options)

Build is brilliant and they are very easy to set up and use. Calibration uses a bit more gas than normal but is spot on and really easy to cross check. So far in testing the VR3 has agreed exactly with the HH and it doesn't matter if its cell is in the head or on the old Bobs adapter. It really does look like the difference seen with time between the Inspiration and VR3 is the Inspiration dropping due to high current loading. The HH uses 1/10th the current the original head does

Initial reports on my website and I'm working on a semi unnoficial manual with lots of photos. Its 9 Mbyte (Word doc), but if anyone wants a copy by email or ftp'ed just ask, its too big to put on my web as I only have 50 Mbyte to share between both my websites

Anyone pushing > 120m with a standard unit is abusing their scrubber, warm water or not. They may think the risk acceptable, I do not. Some folks get round this by going OC on the deco stages , I want the nice warm and quiet!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom