VR3 IR link problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just to set the record straight I believe the "silver" ones come from Delta-P and the dark grey ones are painted "silver" ones for OMS.

Oh, yes - nice story Aquatec but it was nearer 6am for your VR3 and your mates inspiration bits! Still pretty damn good service and let's hope we see Simon out here again soon.....

Jonathan

Not true I'm afraid

The silver ones were the first batch of the new shape VR3 (not the old oblong one). They did suffer from button problems. In July Delta P swapped a few things and since then all new ones have been the gunmetal colour

All current ones are the darker gunmetal and they have better buttons.

The colour is the metal itself, not any coating and both OMS and delta P (mine came from Delta P/Pheonix engineering directly and is the newer dark gunmetal) are the same

madmole once bubbled...
Not true I'm afraid

The silver ones were the first batch of the new shape VR3 (not the old oblong one). They did suffer from button problems. In July Delta P swapped a few things and since then all new ones have been the gunmetal colour

All current ones are the darker gunmetal and they have better buttons.

The colour is the metal itself, not any coating and both OMS and delta P (mine came from Delta P/Pheonix engineering directly and is the newer dark gunmetal) are the same

I would have to say mine is more "gunmetal" than silver but definately has button issues. Based on ifo from another board though, I learned that a bit of lube is helpful. A shot of WD 40 has mine working again, not perfect but working.

Tom

Tom

FYI, Madmole and Divermole on the VR3 forums are one and the same Mole :D

CaveMole.gif

madmole once bubbled...
Tom

FYI, Madmole and Divermole on the VR3 forums are one and the same Mole :D

CaveMole.gif

I thought that might be the case! How many submersible moles are there likely to be? :)

That VR3 forum looks like a great resource. The VR3 seems to have much greater acceptance in the CCR community than the OC tech community, so it follows that the most knowledgable VR3 folks will be the CCR divers. I'm glad I was pointed there (Thanks AquaTec!)

Tom

I sit corrected! However, the first gum metal grey one I saw in May was definitely painted and came from OMS.....

I've had no button problems, just sourcing those so called standard O rings!! Still without.....

5 Days have passed and no response from Delta P regards the IR link problem. I have noticed another odd thing The right button is not very smooth tends to grate as its pushed in allthough there is oil in there the left button lovely and smooth. There is also 8 dives logged on the VR3 now this is a brand new 7 day old computer only ever been used by me in the pool, maybe the computer dont like shallow depths so every time i came up it logged it as another dive!. But one the dives states i went to 87meters and missed 10 stops. Is it really second hand or is this some bug if so how can i reset the machine. I no for a fact the pool is only 3meters some 84meters short of the logged depth.

And all the gasses logged on the machine have got stupid mppo reading like 10.4 and 7.2 have changed this by downloads a new gas set up but why was that in there any way.

Honkeye once bubbled...
5 Days have passed and no response from Delta P regards the IR link problem. I have noticed another odd thing The right button is not very smooth tends to grate as its pushed in allthough there is oil in there the left button lovely and smooth. There is also 8 dives logged on the VR3 now this is a brand new 7 day old computer only ever been used by me in the pool, maybe the computer dont like shallow depths so every time i came up it logged it as another dive!. But one the dives states i went to 87meters and missed 10 stops. Is it really second hand or is this some bug if so how can i reset the machine. I no for a fact the pool is only 3meters some 84meters short of the logged depth.

And all the gasses logged on the machine have got stupid mppo reading like 10.4 and 7.2 have changed this by downloads a new gas set up but why was that in there any way.

I just got response today. Apparently they all were gone to a trade show. Likely they'll respond soon to you.

Your mystery dive is likely a test from the factory.

My gases were also set weird when new, you just have to go in and set your own.

The button issue is all too familiar. On mine its the left button, right is perfect.

Tom

Yep, it was the UK's big dive show at the weekend, so NO UK companies were doing anything last week

The dives you see were the test dives your unit did to make sure it was working

ALL VR3's seem to have at least 1 grungy button. In my case its the left, but 40 or so dives since new its still alive and still doing it!!! despite tons of WD-40 and silicon oil

Seems to work fine and not grunge when at depth though

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom