VR3 IR link problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Honkeye

Reaction score
Does any 1 out there have a VR3 and can help me with the IR link i am running windows XP and when trying to link the VR3 with the PC it connects for about 10 seconds before lossing connection. I have dissabled the IR on the PC so as to go through COM1 but this does not change any thing.

Thanks in advance
Nathan

I have one but don't use the IR. I'm also the wrong person to ask about these things as mine's been a complete turd. Worst money I ever spent.

Tom

have you tried Delta-P yet? I have found them very responsive to questions. I don't have the IR link myself so can't help I'm afraid.

Now if I could just get my hands on some so called "standard" N70 O rings I would be using mine again!! When I tried to replace the battery I found one of the o rings was split - can't get the buggers out here....

Honkeye once bubbled...
Does any 1 out there have a VR3 and can help me with the IR link i am running windows XP and when trying to link the VR3 with the PC it connects for about 10 seconds before lossing connection. I have dissabled the IR on the PC so as to go through COM1 but this does not change any thing.

Thanks in advance
Nathan

i believe that it wont work with xp. i too have xp and all it does when i go to pc mode is try to link and then the vr3 completly reboots going back to factory settings.

let me know if you find anything out

WreckWriter once bubbled...
I have one but don't use the IR. I'm also the wrong person to ask about these things as mine's been a complete turd. Worst money I ever spent.

Tom

that is intereasting that you say that...i have two of them and love them, it has changed the way i dive. they are great

tell me what you don't like

Jonathan once bubbled...
have you tried Delta-P yet? I have found them very responsive to questions. I don't have the IR link myself so can't help I'm afraid.

Now if I could just get my hands on some so called "standard" N70 O rings I would be using mine again!! When I tried to replace the battery I found one of the o rings was split - can't get the buggers out here....

John athan

i had the same problem when changing the batteries. i did get some new o-rings from Delta P

Honkeye once bubbled...

Thanks in advance
Nathan

go to dleta-p web site.. They made the unit. OMS just puts their name on

www.vr3.co.uk

they have info on ir problems.. but I don't think it works on XP..
XP personal is win2k with alot of updates (more backward compatibility and cosmetic) and some of the more useful stuff stripped out, xp pro is basically win2k with updates and a fasce lift, all the usful utils and security are left in.

hopefully my instructor will be able to get some at DEMA - he needs them too!

I was beginning to think about an upgrade to XP but this is just the latest in little niggles that is putting me off.....

Jonathan

Works fine on my XP machine.

I too had lots of problems to get it working. It is very fussy about the IR protocol (it does not and can not use IRDA). It has to be on a serial port and doesn't work on USB sewrial ports and you have to get the configuration of the file VRFIRM.DAT just right

Delta P were very helpful. In the end my main problem was getting the dat file just right

post your VRFIRM dat file contents and your machines software number and I'll tell you if its right

I use W2k works okay, if you use their IR device. The VR3 does not use the "IR standard" due to the need to work with the old VR3's out there. My dive buddy has a XP laptop and it downloads okay also. One very important bit of info: do not upload gases, it is a know bug to do a possible total reset your computer (and loose all tissue load info). It has happend to both me and my dive buddy (really pissed us off big time) Also mine has already failed before (which I have posted before) I have gotten it back with the latest software...so far no issues yet. My buddy and I are also on the beta software list (for the PC) and there has not been any beta updates at all since the last release. I am really dissappointed with OMS and Delta P with the slow response and lack of updates. OMS even still states future updates that are in "the works" and Delta P has already said to me that they are not working on that or it is not ready. Example is OMS stating audio alarm in the future, Delta P is not planning that. OMS is stating internet upgradeable....sure if you have the VERY latest software version (2.0 vrb)...if you do not have that software you have to send your computer back to Delta P.

I understand that I was buying a new computer and there would be a couple of issues, but the list just keeps going and going. One nice thing is OMS has said if my computer fails again they will give me a full refund.....but I have a hunch that will change if I ask for it....

Back
Top Bottom