Voyager RB

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here the link for those intrested, hopefully your Italian is better than mine:
http://www.aquatek-online.net/ , hit the link on the left that says Voyager1.

The thing looks Kafkaesque :wink: . Do you speak Italian?
From what little I can gather it's a semiclosed, constant mass flow RB for use with Nitrox (Level1 to 30m, Level2 to 40m), Trimix (to 100m, Level3) and available as a manual CCR (Level4). Variable scrubber size, 35mm breathing hoses, ADV and manual bypass, CE certification. Sound about right?

I saw it and , but never tryed it. Maybe next week. Basic unit (SCR) costs about 2000 USD. I think I cant get cheeper RB at the moment. As I understand it's posible to upgrade it to auto CCR.
And I dont speak Italian. Didn't understand a thing.

Our rebreather can be employed in different configurations: semi-closed fixed flow / fixed mixture - semi-closed variable flow /fixed mixture - semi-closed variable flow / us it it different – Fully-closedmechanical variable flow / us it it different – Closed oxygen.

Semi-closed fixed flow / fixed mixture: In this configuration the flow of mixture comes moderate in surface on the base of the calculations of fall of the percentage of oxygen in the counterlungs and of the profile of immersion expected.

The profile of immersion terrà I count of these parameters for how much the is l’exhibition all’oxygen that the profile decompressiion, considering also eventual necessity of to should pass the open circuit d’emergency to the greatest depth granted from the mixture employed, unless itself not predisponga the car with two cylinders, a to employ itself alone in case of emergency in open.

Nevertheless the rebreather can be provided with a device to control the gas inhaled (optional) that does not interact with the operation of the car as totally mechanical but has alone the task of informing l’broker in real time dell’exhibition. Such control can be supplied in three versions: Single O2 sensor with cable display for the monitoring of the PpO2 - Probe analysis O2 and wireless communication for control PpO2 and decompression computation (double sensor) or as a single sensor-alone use for nitrogen and oxygen / pure oxygen - cable Sensor control PpO2 and profile decompressivo for us it it binary and three-syllable iperossiche / ipossiche (nitrox, heliox, Trimix).

Semi-closed variable flow / fixed mixture: The same unit can be employed in variable flow in immersion, simply having a fixed mixture varies the PpO2 working on the control of flow changing the same, the advantage is obvious, that is lifting the flow a greater quantity of gas rich of O2 will be had and therefore the PpO2 will be lifted (phase deco / low waters), to the opposite one lowering theFlow the PpO2 will come down increasing the operating ranks of the unit in function of the necessity dell’broker. Obviously all the operation will be monitored from the control of analysis and profile deco. The control of flow was conceived with a mechanical such simple one that is practically impossible that have some problems, it is discussed in fact of a pivot conico that works in a hole cilindrico, the motion that removes the pivot from the hole and therefore increases or decreases the passage of the gas regolandone therefore the flow is given from a braid until the end of to give back the regulation a lot. __

Semi-closed variable flow / us it it different: The operation of the unit is like above, the difference isyou have the choice of the gas to employ where is able to be necessary a back mixture for example Trimix and a richer one of O2 for the phase decompression, in this configuration two cylinders of the necessary capacity in function of the profile will be ascended dell’immersion and connected both to theChoice gas activating the mounting valves on the same control. _ Closed mechanical variable flow / us it it different: In this configuration mounting two cylinders come, a containing pure oxygen and l’other the gas expected in function of the profile of immersion (air, nitrox, trimix, eliox) that we will call diluent, the operation is very simple, regulating the flow in surface to a level more possible neighbor to the personal metabolic consumption and compensating for the bags during it come downwith the diluente will be had a’introduction of the only oxygen than verrà entirely metabolized and the respiratory mixture will be stable, in the case, monitoring the control, intervenes to fix the I pull on the metabolic consumption will be make working it on the control of flow, a moderate time the ideal flow the mixture is stable, changes the mixture to please to obtain advantages decompression and operating increasingWorking on the by-pass dell’oxygen or of the diluente. Everything obviously monitored from the control in this case also of the profile decompressivo. The open circuit of emergency is connected to the back mixture.

Closed Oxygen / aro: Obviously if in the circuit we employ alone oxygen the car it is transformed in aro, the advantage however is that this operation we can carry out it also during l’employment of the enclosure with us it it different, in fact if we wash the bags from the mixture (diluente) and we load the same with the by-pass dell’oxygen maintaining the flow costing to the level of the metabolic consumption we have aIn oxygen.

The Voyager 1 uses a third generation counterlungs, chosen to optimize breathing ease, and the bags are from 6.5 liters cad. and areencapsulated within two containers of cordura for protection, the breathing hoses have an inside diameter of 35mm, the scrubber has a capacity of 2.7 kg. of sofnolime), the scrubber uses air space around the scrubebr to insulate the scrubber material to increase the scrubber efficieny as is commonly known that sofnolime has a superior efficiency at temperatures above 16/18 degree centigrade (minimum). The cylinders are attached via quick release mechanicsms and as such can accomodate different cylinder sizes.

for translating. Sounds like versatile unit.
Italian rig, the question pops into my mind:
Does the diver has a choice which mode to use,
or does the unit just work somehow? :D

Kavka, for your sake I hope they have a manual
in a language you do understand. :wink:
While I'm not much intrested in SCRs, other than
the RB80 and K2, please post whatever your
experience will be.

Diver have choice which mode to use (depands on money).
I will try it first. There is a instructor and salesman for this RB in Slovenia, so I wont read any manuals (I dont thik, that you can get it in any other languge than italian)
Thanks for info.
I'll post what I think about the unit when I'll try it.

Back
Top Bottom