Vote for an idea

{{{ Please vote here }}}

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver Hank

Registered
Reaction score
Hi divers,
Would you please let me know your thought for 2 questions?
Please vote, thanks a lot! :)

Q1: If a website let people rate and review dive masters, instructors and dive centers,
is it a useful reference to you for dive planning?

Q2: If you are a dive master or instructor or dive center owner, will you post your
profile onto this website, and let people provide rating and review for you?

1. no
2. no

Why? Because it is too prone to abuse. You get competitors badmouthing each other and writing fake ratings and reviews. One only has to look at sites like TripAdvisor for an example of this behaviour. Word of mouth works just fine for me - the dive community is small enough that I know whose advice to trust.

did you mean to put this in the "Woman's Perspectives" forum?

did you mean to put this in the "Woman's Perspectives" forum?
1. no
2. no

Why? Because it is too prone to abuse. You get competitors badmouthing each other and writing fake ratings and reviews. One only has to look at sites like TripAdvisor for an example of this behaviour. Word of mouth works just fine for me - the dive community is small enough that I know whose advice to trust.

Thanks a lot for your input!

Not to mention having friends and partners write glowing reviews of yourself.

Yes, I guess I can get more info from female perspective...
Any concern?
Nice thought. :) But this forum is meant for discussing scuba diving issues that apply specifically to women, which this survey isn't. I noticed you also posted the same thing in Basic Scuba Discussions (which seems like the right place.) Posting the same thing in multiple forums is kind of frowned on, as it just clutters things up at best. It also won't really cause more people to see your question.

Back
Top Bottom