Vortoberfest VIII - 2012

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is there going to be any diving at Vortex? i might come out, but my jeep isn't the most reliable thing in the world, lol. I don't want to chance driving to Vortex, then St. Andrews, back to vortex, then home. If there was a vortex day, I might come for that.

Some people do a night dive at Vortex on Friday or Saturday night and some dive there before leaving on Sunday. The diving is pretty flexible. Morrisons is right down the road from Vortex. There is no charge to dive at Morrisons or St Andrews, only a small per vehicle fee to get in St Andrews.

We had an awesome time as usual when you get a bunch of people together that love the same thing.
Morrisons was beautiful Friday. It was so clear you could see the training platform while standing on the floating dock. We had two great dives there and then ate some awesome barbecue and sat around the campfire telling tales of aliens, zombies and ghosts. :D
Saturday morning was split between two groups, one going to Destin Jetties and one to St Andrews Jetties in Panama City, FL. We had decent vis at St Andrews, around 25 ft, very mild conditions and a very nice dive. On Saturday afternoon we all gathered around the camp fire, thanks Vortex Springs Management for the fire wood you dropped off for us! We had a great time with awesome food and fellowship. The few of us that were left around midnight or so started trying to sing Hotel California, Sweet Home Alabama and the Devil went down to Georgia. We covered from the east coast to the west so we figured by then it was time to go to bed. :wink:
Before departing our separate ways Sunday morning's cooking consisted of hot coals, flammable materials, a battery operated portable mattress inflator and the team work of three men.
What a way to end an amazing weekend. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom