Vortoberfest V - 2009

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Net Doc wrote:

"I agree! Unless the Gators are playing, they are completely inconsequential!

Somehow, I believe that Dennis will have that forlorn look again this Vortoberfest. Except, he'll be saying something along the lines of "I wish we had brought a defense!" "

Football, Fooshball . . .

. . . I just want to see by ScubaBoard friends and dive buddies.

The end result of a football game has no impact upon my life. The interaction with my friends and buddies on ScubaBoard does.

And, by the way, why to football fans always say, "Yeah, WE beat y'all!!"

"WE???" Didnt' see your sorry butt out there on the field playing.

But I guess there ARE those who must live vicariously because they have yet to develop a personal identity . . . :D

Now a little background here on the old K-man. He was a Fine Arts major at the University of Georgia back in the sixties. In those days a male studying Fine Arts was automatically categorized as a flaming homosexual. And so any guy majoring in art automatically became a persona non grata and social outcast. Now the fact that I was a varsity letterman at UGA (rifle team) had no impact upon that (Yes I had a letter sweater and letter jacket). And I guess the Triumph Bonneville 650 twin carb motorcycle did nothing to help may image . . . but that didn't matter.

By the way, my one claim to fame is that I was the last person to ride a motorcylce over the arches at the collessium at UGA before they put the gates up.

Being 1 of about 2 males in a painting or drawing class of about 40 (read 38-39 females) was not the worst fate in life, especially when whe had assignments to complete and needed live models (I'll model for you if you'll model for me - needless to say, the demand for the male figure was in a higher demand).

And people think the K is a prude !!!!!

Life for a young heterosexual male in the art department was very, very, very, very, very good!!!!

Such intellectual discussions!!! Oh my!!!

the K-anvas Master

the K-ounselor

8 am!!! I guess I'll be there more like brunch.

I didn't know when everyone was going to be getting to Sally's, so I picked a time I figured people would be there. LOL!

Sharklady and Docc are eating at Sally's as we speak. Camp is set up at Vortex and all is right with the world.

That's only after I've been in the water for a long time.

But, yes, the top of my balding pate does, somewhat, remind one of a white raisin after a prolonged dive, doesn't it???

And it GLOWS IN THE DARK WATERS!!!!

the K

I didn't know when everyone was going to be getting to Sally's, so I picked a time I figured people would be there. LOL!

I am heading in tomorrow. There are some folks already at Vortex. They were having breakfast in the morning. I won't get there until the middle of the morning. Check with Docc and Sharklady about what time they will be having breakfast. :)

So is this a private party, or can anyone crash. I guess I am going to crash it! You guys make this sounds like so much fun, I have decided to leave my home in Tampa, mooch a small single bed from a buddy of mine just to meet everyone. If you see me tomorrow afternon I will be the one in the wetsuit...uhhh. Yeah, let me think about that plan again.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom