Vortex V12 vs Apollo BioFin Pro XT

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

z28pwr

Reaction score
I mostly dive in Cozumel and have to ocassionally battle the current and go through air like a kid goes through txt messages, thefore I need a good efficient fin. I first bought some Oceanic Vortex V12's and loved how quickly they propelled me through the water and saw an improvement in my air consumption. These fins were great but I kept hearing how the Apollo Bio Fin's were the best thing since sliced bread, therefore I sold my Vortex V12's and purchased some Yellow Apollo Bio-Fin's and went back out to Cozumel to give them a try and was shocked when I had to struggle to keep up with my wife wearing her V12's through some current when I'm a much stronger and faster swimmer then she is and I could easily smoke her with my V12's. I tried diferent techniques but never felt the responsiveness, speed or efficiency that I felt with my V12's therefore I took a big hit and sold my Apollo's and now I'm debating buying the V12's again (I know the 16's are out) or trying the stiffer XT version, but would like to know from people that have owned both what there thoughts are.

Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom