Vortex Springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SuPrBuGmAn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
After 2 weeks without huffing from a tank of dry air, I finally managed to get myself back underwater. Seas have been rough for the past 2 weeks keeping me from doing shore dives and the boat dive I had chartered for today(8/15) was cancelled do to rough seas.

Whats a person to do? Go inland of course :)

Myself, Jlayman(ScubaBoarder), Patrick and Josh(Friends) packed up early this morning and headed out to Vortex Springs. While it was cooler this morning, the water(68ºF) made the air temps feel quite a bit warmer. We got there before there were too many classes in the water so we enjoyed some good visibility and had an overall good time in the two tanks that we dove.

Here are some pics.

IMAG0099.sized.jpg

IMAG0135.sized.jpg

IMAG0152.sized.jpg

IMAG0131.sized.jpg

^^Gotta be one of the scariest pictures I've ever taken in my life^^ Just kidding John! :)

Bah, when you post a similar pic of yourself, you can comment :)

Canceled, really? We went out yesterday at PC and it was flat calm. This was around noon. Could Destin be that different?

I didn't charter from Destin, I was going out from Orange Beach, AL. I later heard that they did have a morning boat go out, so I'm thinking it was more a matter of not being able to get the minimum of divers to cover the boats expenses? *shrugs*

We had fun anyway :)

As much fun as you can have in VOrtex, anyway. :wink:

Bah, I got to molest a big-ole slider turtle :D what can be better? LOL

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom