Vortex Springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SuPrBuGmAn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My roomate decided to try out an external strobe on his Sealife 3.3MP camera, it most certainly resulted in better coloring and a wider focused area. Here are a few pics that he and I took this morning at Vortex Springs.

IMAG0150.sized.jpg

IMAG0099.sized.jpg

IMAG0036.sized.jpg

Very cool SuPrBuGmAn! much more color and life in your pictures. Light does make a big difference. Interesting pattern on the back of the turtle, hawksbill? what ever it is, long claws in the back!

Looks like a Red-Eared Slider. That's FRESH water, Leesa!

Cool pics!

justleesa:
ummm....what excuse can I use today? Toothache?...lol

It's the meds! You can blame alot of stuff on the meds! :D

Thanks for the compliments, luckily for me, my roomate doesn't dive nearly as much as I do so the new strobe will come in handy for me :wink:

Here are a few more of the turtle, Dee is correct, its a Slider. Pics were taken at Vortex Springs in Ponce De Leone, FL. I was originally scheduled for a boat dive that day, where I could have lucked out and seen a Hawksbill, but it was cancelled. I've been lucky for the past 2 dive outtings. 3 weeks ago, before the surf built and we've been in range of all the tropical activity, I saw my first seaturtle(I really don't know what kind even though I could have grabbed it, I was so close - didn't have a camera at hand either - Doh!). The past two weeks I've been dry due to weather, I get back in the water(freshwater at that!) and I get my second turtle experience :D Here are some more pics.

IMAG0152.sized.jpg

IMAG0148.sized.jpg

Wow, all nested in the seaweed (that is seaweed in fresh water too, right?)...is this straight out of the camera, or have you worked on them?

No editting, other than a resizing. The external strobe improved the overall appearance quite a bit, I was happy to post these pics, considering the pics I've posted in the past :wink:

As far the foliage, I guess its freshwaters equivelant to seaweed, although I don't know if the terminology would apply :) I couldn't correct the statement if it were wrong, because I don't know what exactly the stuff is myself.

Hey, Suprbugman,
When I was a "youngin" growing up in central Georgia we called that critter a "Cooter".

Back
Top Bottom