Vortex Spring Sale Rumor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Height limits - do work. Walton County had it forced on them by the state with their first comp plan. There are a handful of highrises but for the most part there are still views of the water.

Vortex - the deed may not be recorded right away if the property actually exchanged hands. Some times there is a slight delay. Not smart on the buyers part but it does happen.

mike_s:
I still think if you haven't been, it's worth a trip once to see it. It gets really interesting as the weather warms up and the "local population" comes out and camps also :D

As much trouble as they can be, this is by far one of the more entertaining "aspects" of diving Vortex. Words cannot even begin to describe it... Take every applicable stereotype you know of, mash 'em up into one, and multiply by 1 for every degree over 70*F it currently is.

UTKnox:
As much trouble as they can be, this is by far one of the more entertaining "aspects" of diving Vortex. Words cannot even begin to describe it... Take every applicable stereotype you know of, mash 'em up into one, and multiply by 1 for every degree over 70*F it currently is.

Yup.... ask SupRBugMan about last year there....

apparantly last May someone (drunk of course) got in a "knife fight" with someone else in the campsite beside him.

I think the Sherfif (deputy) came out and everything. Nothing like having your own "Live Version" of the TV Show COPS.

Yeah, several sheriff's had to chase the drunkards into the woods, one was underage.

I didn't sleep much... :/

Couple years ago, when I was there for some cert dives, there was a big ruckus because some dude's wife was traipsing around in lingerie and flirting with other men. Her hubby smashed his fist through one of the wooden signs downstairs, near the fill station... Big drunken brawl ensued, police called, blah blah blah.... Cripes... :shakehead

On another SB get-together at Vortex, we watched some drunk kid doing donuts and speeding around the property one afternoon. We heard ambulance sirens that night, not knowing what they were for until morning, when we saw the kids truck taco'd around one of the trees near the entrance at Vortex.

Good times? :p

Hahahaha! The fun never stops, eh?! (Definitively NOT a Cannuck, smartasses!).

We were down there Easter weekend this year and had gone to Destin for some viddles. We pull back into Vortex around 11PM and find a car smashed all to hell and back in the ditch on the right, facing the main road. Talked to...well, I forget who we talked too, I think it was the granddaughter, the next morning and surprisesurprise, more drunken idiots!

Easter weekend in '06 we were on our way back from PCB, maybe a mile or so from Vortex, and 2 police cars come screaming by us. We all said outloud "please don't be Vortex, please don't be Vortex" as we had a couple of run-in's with the ever present mullet brigade. Naturally, into Vortex they turn. We expected our campsights to be trashed all to hell and back, and the remainder of our group to by lying around half dead. Fortunately, that was not the case. From what I can recall, a group of underage locals staying in the building on the far end of the property (9 o'clock from the rope swing/zip line) had been drinking something fierce. Some guy was flirting w/ someone's girlfriend and got whacked upside the head with a bottle. I think the girl also took a punch or two as well. Good ole' N. Florida domestic disputes!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom