Volunteers needed - Edmonds UW Park

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JDR

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
The Edmonds Uunderwater Park is always looking for volunteers. It's a great activity to help build artificial reefs at the Park.
Come join us and Dive!
I’m back in town and I’ll be volunteering at the Edmonds Underwater Park this weekend. It’s easy, meet us at the Edmonds UW Sports at 9, Saturday and Sunday mornings. Bruce Higgins drives a distinctive red pickup which is always full of dive gear, lift drums and items for the park. The Edmonds UW Sports store donates airfills for the park volunteers.
Show up, learn to actually do something productive underwater, get some exercise, and enjoy the camaraderie of some great people who are making a difference in Puget Sound.

is there any gear specifics we need to know?

Like all I can dive right now is single al80's would I have enough air to be any help?

is there any gear specifics we need to know?

Like all I can dive right now is single al80's would I have enough air to be any help?

Basic scuba gear is all that is required to get started. Those of us who work there a lot have developed some specialized gear we use.

Park dives are a great opportunity for new divers, new to the area and new to the sport. Most of the long time volunteers are either DM's or instructors and are all more than willing to show you the ropes, pun intended. We all started as newbies.

What do the volunteers do, and about how long do they stay?

I'm an hour and a half away, but interested.

EDIT - I'll find out when I get there. I'm coming to the free air fills like a moth to flame...

:eyebrow: :mooner:

Back
Top Bottom