Volente Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did one of my open water dives there. It's not to far off the ramp. especially now that the lake is so low. If I remember right (It's been years ago.) you head out and turn right at the first small drop off.

Wish I was closer and didn't have company or I definitely would. Let us know how it went and if you found it.

David

Dammit, I just saw this. I was looking for something to do this morning other than dive the Comal again.. not that I mind the Comal. :)

Paulw and I drove out to Volente this morning. It has been years since either of us had been out there. There is now a Marina behind the private park that was not there before. I'm assuming this was the marina that was previously in the cove beside the park. To get in the water where we were looking would have been a climb to get in and out.
We had gotten the idea to go out there from someone who works over at Dive World (Shane?) who said he had been going out there, but Paul or I had asked Shane(?) where he was getting into the water at. We decided to hold off on Volente until we go back and talk to the guy at Dive World, so we headed out to Windy Point public. There was one class setup close to the porta-potties, so we got into the water a few hundred feet out. We did a couple of dives down into the Pecan grove to about 65-70'. The water was a cool 79 degrees and vis was great! It must have been about 15'.
I'm going back to talk to Shane (?) this week and find out where exactly he gets in at Volente. I'll post and let you know when we go back.
Carrie

Dammit, I just saw this. I was looking for something to do this morning other than dive the Comal again.. not that I mind the Comal. :)

You need to come up and dive with me and paulw. We have found some pretty good vis lately at the lake....and best of all, paulw is good company.
Carrie

Do you need sidemounts or will a set of doubles clear the small opening?

Good luck getting Chaim to give up the spot. If you convince him to go with you have him point out how to triangulate to drop on the bridge. This piece of information could earn you a free charter as we have been on a quest to find it but he only will go from shore.

Heavyjeffd: You should have come out with the morning charter. There is space Sunday morning if you want to come out. Be at Windy Point, blue building at the entrance, by 8:00.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom