Viz at Travis

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looking into Crystal ball... cloudy... hard to see... must be about 5'.

loosebits:
Looking into Crystal ball... cloudy... hard to see... must be about 5'.
Haha, smarties, 5', but really, though, no Crystal ball, has anyone been out there in the last week. My instructor is looking to get the class together for this weekend, but if the vis is $H17 at 100' then there's no point in waisting time and money for air fills...

Speaking of vis, I was at Lake Travis on Saturday with my MSD student. The vis at the Mansfield Park dive area was a cloudy 3 foot. We didn't get below 60 feet, but it was the same down to that depth. Water temp was 56-57 degrees.

carlislere:
Speaking of vis, I was at Lake Travis on Saturday with my MSD student. The vis at the Mansfield Park dive area was a cloudy 3 foot. We didn't get below 60 feet, but it was the same down to that depth. Water temp was 56-57 degrees.

That is really warm!

For what it's worth, vis at Windy Point today was 5-10ish ft in the top 40ft of the water column this sunday afternoon.

Spragg01:
For what it's worth, vis at Windy Point today was 5-10ish ft in the top 40ft of the water column this sunday afternoon.

Thats really not to bad.

Yea. The vast bulk of my short diving career has been in Travis, and I am getting used to being able to night dive any day of the week. Speaking of which, is there a consistent way of estimating visability in depths deeper than sunlight will penetrate (or at night)? We were in the pecan grove off the point in about 95 ft, and my light was only reaching about three feet out, but I imagine that using that as a measure of vis would vary by the power of the light used. Ideas?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom