Viton small o-ring for Suunto air spool?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sometimes, depending upon the spool shape, it's virtually impossible to get a Duro 90 o-ring in place without splitting it.
View attachment 608405
In those cases, I've used a Duro 70 without problems. The softer o-ring will wear a little faster, but if you can't get the hard one on, it's a Catch-22. The clearance are so tight, there's little risk of extrusion.
You know there is a tool for installing those?

You know there is a tool for installing those?
I do indeed, and have one in the shop. IMO, it's even harder to stretch a D90 over the tool than it is to get on that one spool with the large end, because the tool's diameter is fractionally larger than the spool. But if you have another way of installing them, I'm all ears! :) I mean, I guess you could warm the o-rings in hot water before trying to stretch them on, but a D70 seems to work just fine in those cases. Is there another trick?

Thanks a lot for all the information. The Suunto spool I have is type 1 from rsingler's photo but knowing that 70 durometer would work clearly increases the odds of purchasing them locally.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom