Viton small o-ring for Suunto air spool?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Adr1an

Contributor
Reaction score
Just had the regulator set Oxygen cleaned and all the o-rings were changed to Viton except for the two small buggers on the air spool on my back-up computer (old Suunto air integrated).

Does anyone know where to source these? Thanks a lot.

Just had the regulator set Oxygen cleaned and all the o-rings were changed to Viton except for the two small buggers on the air spool on my back-up computer (old Suunto air integrated).

Does anyone know where to source these? Thanks a lot.
Adr1an,

Dive Gear Express.

the SPG spool Viton ''O'' ring is #003.

Suggest buying their ''Master O Ring'' kit, 24.95.

That little O ring is probably the hardest working O ring in your entire gear set, and the most often neglected because some service technicians won't bother to do what's necessary to remove the console/gauge/computer boot.

Also suggest lube, oxygen compatible lube if you're using higher than 21% oxygen blends.

Hope this helps.

Rose.

Those little buggers are such a bother that I just replace the spool with O rings included as sold by DGE. I think they charge about $1.00 per spool.

Those little buggers are such a bother that I just replace the spool with O rings included as sold by DGE. I think they charge about $1.00 per spool.

Hi OE,

As long as the DGX shouldered spool is compatible with the Suunto internals.

I use DGX sourced SPG's, and I do keep a couple of loaded SPG shouldered spools, but I don't know if they're ''Suunto compatible''.

003 O rings are not difficult to change, you do have to be careful not to cut them with your finger nails during installation.

Rose.

Thanks everyone, I have no problem whatsoever replacing these myself, took me like 3 minutes to remove the spool. Question is were can I buy just #003 Viton o-rings? I'm in Europe and shipping became a major PITA in recent years so I'd rather get a small bag of o-rings shipped for a few $ then a kit in a box which costs like $20 to send across the Atlantic.

Btw, would 75 durometer be OK with these or should I stick with 90?

Thanks everyone, I have no problem whatsoever replacing these myself, took me like 3 minutes to remove the spool. Question is were can I buy just #003 Viton o-rings? I'm in Europe and shipping became a major PITA in recent years so I'd rather get a small bag of o-rings shipped for a few $ then a kit in a box which costs like $20 to send across the Atlantic.

Sometimes, depending upon the spool shape, it's virtually impossible to get a Duro 90 o-ring in place without splitting it.
20200830_135758.jpg

In those cases, I've used a Duro 70 without problems. The softer o-ring will wear a little faster, but if you can't get the hard one on, it's a Catch-22. The clearance are so tight, there's little risk of extrusion.

Back
Top Bottom