Question Visual Inspection Expiration Date

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They are right and aren't the only ones.

:facepalm:

There is just no reasoning with some people. You did it that way at your shop so therefore it is the only right way. Whatever.

:facepalm:

There is just no reasoning with some people. You did it that way at your shop so therefore it is the only right way. Whatever.

That's your problem if you are unreasonable and want to force your misguided opinion.

I choose to be prudent and conservative as well as consistent and defensible. I have perfect record in safety in training and equipment servicing in the decades I have been doing both and I don't intend to change it.

That's your problem if you are unreasonable and want to force your misguided opinion.

I choose to be prudent and conservative as well as consistent and defensible. I have perfect record in safety in training and equipment servicing in the decades I have been doing both and I don't intend to change it.

Believe what you wish. It has absolutely nothing to do with safety. Arguing that it does is just patently laughable. It has everything to do with ripping your customers off of 1/12th of something they’ve paid for.

So if I drop off tanks for a VIS today (the 29th of October) and will pick them up next week (after the first of November), Should I expect the sticker punched October or November? Can I request November?

Several years ago I bought a pair of new tanks the first of the year. Came with the VIS. The shop knew me and the tanks. Toward the end of the year I was checking the VIS sticker. It was punched 10 months before the tank was born. So was it really out of VIS? Short answer was we didn't care. At the 1-year mark we did the VIS and made sure to punch the correct year in the sticker this time.

So if I drop off tanks for a VIS today (the 29th of October) and will pick them up next week (after the first of November), Should I expect the sticker punched October or November? Can I request November?

You sure can request it and we will do the inspection on the 1st no problem.

It has everything to do with ripping your customers off of 1/12th of something they’ve paid for.

And, of course, you know me and you know my ethics and my track record with my clients over the decades for you to make such libelous statement.

And, of course, you know me and you know my ethics and my track record with my clients over the decades for you to make such libelous statement.

I’m basing my assessment solely based upon what you’ve admitted to regarding how you handle your customers VIPs. If they pay for an annual VIP they should of course get 12 months of use of that tank. How you choose to interpret the rules ensures that that doesn’t happen in almost every instance.

I get visuals and fills at 4 different locations in my area, policy is the same at all.
Example, this tank was inspected July 2021 and will be accepted for fills until end July 2022.
vip.jpg

A cylinder requalification also uses only the month and year to show the date the test was performed. If a requalification was performed on October 1st, 2016, that cylinder requalification is valid through the entire month of October, 2021. This is not subject to personal interpretation of when the 5 year retest period has expired...it is defined by law.

"A cylinder may be requalified at any time during or before the month and year that the requalification is due "

Why would anybody interpret the month and year values of a visual inspection sticker differently than the month and year markings of a hydrostatic test? Just replace the word "requalification" with "Visual inspection".

"A cylinder may be visually inspected at any time during or before the month and year that the visual inspection is due "

Back
Top Bottom