Visiting Venice Beach this summer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AeroMike

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I will be heading down to Venice Beach for about a week this summer. I do not know the week yet, I pretty much can take it whenever. I was hoping to hook up with some local divers to go and find some fossils.

If there is not interest then I guess I will have to charter a boat for 5 days but that is going to be expensive and quite honestly I do not know if I can swing that one past the wifey! lol

So how about it? any members wanting to go diving for a 4-5 days one week this summer?

Hi Mike,
Saw your post. We have 2 members that you might be interested in contacting.
We have Capt. Jamie that does boat charters out to the bone yard for fossil diving at a great price.
ScubaBoard - View Profile: Aristakat
Then there is Fossilbabe. She does all kinds of fossil trips, diving, rivers and land. She is a fossil expert and a real sweetheart. Here is her profile.ScubaBoard - View Profile: Fossilbabe
Check out their profile pages and send them a PM for more info. Hope this helps. And when you have the time set. Let us know, if were not busy we may join you. :D

Both of those folks are great & if you're interested in mixing in some shore dives, just post when you get here & I'm sure you'll be able to hook up with us locals.

Both of those folks are great & if you're interested in mixing in some shore dives, just post when you get here & I'm sure you'll be able to hook up with us locals.

Thanks for mentioning shore diving. That's a blast too. I ment to add that and ran out of time. Hopefully we'll see you at the annual spring get together on the beach. :D

Thanks everyone! I have been talking with Jamie, and all I need to do is set a time to come down there. Well, my wife needs to set that time! lol she will shop while I dive and I sure would love to meet up with others for shore diving too.

Like I said before.......no problem. I try to spend as much time as I can & conditions will allow, in the water, during the summer. I'm a teacher so I can go weekday or weekend. Just give a post when you get here.:)

I'll be available on the weekends if you want to do a beach dive. Just let us know when you get to Venice!

Sounds like fun to me. I have Venice on the agenda also. Just have not committed to a time slot yet. I got vizzed out last year. Had to take a left turn halfway to Venice and drive over to Jupiter. Drifted the reefs for days. Here is a Jupiter night dive video I took.

Mike have you dove Venice? The teeth are covered with pink and white growth.

Mike: let us know the dates you are planning and I might be able to go.......Early April may be good...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom