Visiting Pensacola

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

timten

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi Everyone,
I may be visiting the Pensacola area, and need some advice on dive sites/dive ops. Thanks,
Tim

---------- Post added May 2nd, 2012 at 12:45 PM ----------

I guess a better question would be, being that I'm not AOW, would I be able to go out on the local charters? I will have a car, is it worth going to Vortex? Thanks,
Tim

Hi Tim,
Capt. Jim from Dr Dive here. Pensacola has over 100 public reef sites to choose from, many well within basic OW capabilities. There are also many excellent operators available.
Site descriptions are available at Dr Dive Pensacola, FL - Home of the USS Oriskany and several other websites. Just Do the Google.
You will definitely be able to go out on local charters. Most of our customers are basic OW. Nothing wrong with Vortex, but stay in Pensacola. Let me know if you have additional specific questions. Happy to help you get your plans made.
Capt. Jim
Dr Dive
Dr Dive Pensacola, FL - Home of the USS Oriskany
drdive@drdive.com

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom