Visiting Kissimmee and need a company to take me diving!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
:turtle:Hello I'm travelling to Kissimmee, Florida in two weeks with my parents and two sisters and I'm interested in either taking part in some snorkelling or scuba diving.

I'm a qualified BSAC Sports Diver and would love to do some scuba diving whilst out there and was wondering whether anybody knew of any good companies out there that would be willing to take me out and have use of their equipment.

I would love to take my family scuba diving to make them realise why I'm so addicted and to make them see the reasons behind me being prepared to have such a low bank balance! However as they have no experience of diving it would end up being evry expensive and I think I would get very upset if I went on a beginners course with them and being stuck at 3/4 metres with them.

So I have thought about maybe doing a few dives on my own and maybe taking them snorkelling, so does anybody know of any good areas to dive or snorkel and do you know of any companies that would be willing to take us out? Or even better anybody that would take me out diving and them snorkelling at the same time?Unfortunately I don't have any experience of diving in overhead environments, so cave diving is off limits for me - maybe in a few years time!

Any help or advice would be appreciated,

Many thanks,
Louise

Kissimmee is inland. I'd recommend heading over to the Jupiter/Palm Beach area and getting on a charter. If you want snorkeling, there are some shallow spots in the Lauderdale area you can reach from shore.

Okay thanks, are there any diving companies / boat charters that you would reccommend?

If you head to the Jupiter/Palm Beach area, I'd recommend Narcosis Dive Charters. Farther south, I recommend Sunstar Aquatics out of Deerfield Beach. If you want to snorkel, go right from the beach in Lauderdale by the Sea at either Datura or Hibiscus.

Diving and snorkeling on the same trip s a little iffy. If you're just driving down for the day, you can go to Jupiter Dive Charters right on the border of Martin and Palm Beach counties.
Ray on Narcosis runs a great op also, but you save yourself 11 miles of Palm Beach highway construction traffic. Also, I guess you could do the EPCOT dive up there in Kissimmee and your family can watch you in the tank.
http://www.jupiterdivecharters.com/index.html
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/parks/tourDetail?id=EpcotDiveQuestTourPage&bhcp=1

Do the last dive of the day at Epcot. Its one of those once-in-a-lifetime-experience things. On the last dive they usually give you a little more time. and watching the people thru the glass is a blast :)
Have in whatever you do and good luck :)

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom