Visiting Key Largo April 15-22nd - Looking for some wrecks and reefs.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

00wabbit

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'll be in Key Largo for a week in April. I want to dive wrecks and reefs (mostly wrecks) I'd also like to see some sharks and goliaths but don't want to go on any feeding trips.

I would like to avoid spearfishers if possible. All dives would be in NDL and I would like Nitrox. I would also like to do a night dive.

I will be diving sidemount as well. I am planning to dive at least 3 days+1 night dive (I have to spend some time with my wife too :)

From my research so far I am thinking about Horizon Divers or Ocean divers. What are your thoughts? Should I look at someone else?

After that we are heading to Key West for a couple days and I want to dive the Vandenberg. Suggestions for ops here would be good too.

I will also need a buddy so if any of you are diving then and I can tag along let me know, otherwise I'll buddy up on the boat.

I dive with Conch Republic on most of my trips to the upper Keys. They have a big boat and have a staff that understands tech diving (even though you'll not exceed NDL, I think this would be important to a side mount diver). I also go out with Silent World periodically: especially if I want to dive a double dip on a wreck like the S. Grove. Their boat is smaller but the crew is also Tech savvy.

In Key West I usually use Captain's Corner

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom