Visiting Destin Area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cwhite6

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey folks! I will be in town between Destin and Panama City at a state park the week of July 9-13. I am looking for anyone who would like to do maybe some shore dives or something. This worked well for me in California and I meet some awesome guys, so I figured I would try here. I am probably going to go on a dive trip with Emerald Express Scuba one day, so a shore dive or two during the week would be wonderful. I own all my equipment except tanks which I will just rent. So, if anyone has any ideas and wants to dive, please let me know!! PM me or post on here. Thanks!!!

Hey, since you're in Alexandria, check out Bayou Divers. They are in Monroe, which is a little ways from you, but they make frequent trips in the area to Arkansas lakes and surrounding SCUBA parks. Great bunch of people. They seem to go everywhere my LDS, (Red River SCUBA) goes.

EDIT: As in, they go everywhere at the same time. They seem to take the trips as one huge group. Come out with us some time!

Your closest options are St Andrews Jetties and Destin Jetties(possibly the pier rubble in San Destin?).

I am doing one dive trip with Emerald Coast Scuba. I may have to do 2 just to get to dive since I cannot find anyone who wants to go. Since I will have my wife and kids with me, I cannot just go hit the scuba shops to try to find someone. I am debating just doing some shallow (as in less than 30') dives by myself, but I would prefer to dive with someone else.

i am having the same issue. I live here but I am new to the area. Go to Scuba Tech in destin. They are decent priced and a good group of people go. Just went on a two tank dive last weekend and had a blast

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom