Visibility of the Solo Divers forum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@2airishuman Thanks you are absolutely right just added myself. Under "Join User Groups".

So it is now confirmed that the Solo Diver forum has (by one means or another) managed to go back to the way it was.

-no problem with that. Just caught me off guard...

From the read this first part of the Solo forum:

Solo Diving is replete with it's own hazards. As with any diving discipline, Solo Diving should never be taken on lightly, without proper training or just because you are too lazy to find a buddy. In fact many agencies frown on this practice, and some prohibit it out-right.

Still, there are many out there who practice this type of diving and so it's techniques and safety should be discussed in an open forum. As with all open forums, it is up to the individual diver to ascertain the validity of anything suggested within. There are many who would offer you their opinions and yet have never done a solo dive or are possibly unsafe divers. Only YOU have control over your destiny. Choose who you listen to wisely.

This is a no-troll zone! The discussion is not to be centered around whether to do a solo dive, but in the techniques and strategies involved. Do not participate if you have already decided that solo diving is not for you! Thanks in advance.

So what is an open forum? Does the underlined statement need to be changed to a closed forum now that only members can see it?

...//... So what is an open forum? Does the underlined statement need to be changed to a closed forum now that only members can see it?
Nah, don't stress.

It's a Harry Potter kind of thing. You want to see what's going on in there? You get something burned onto your forehead and live with it.

Unless Pete opens it up again...

Nah, don't stress.

It's a Harry Potter kind of thing. You want to see what's going on in there? You get something burned onto your forehead and live with it.

:) That be funny for sure.. or dorky.. :dork2:

I was thinking it is more like the Hotel California.. You can join but you can never leave..
Of course 2air proved that to be wrong.

Nah, don't stress.

No stress here. I've got much more important things to stress over if I was inclined towards being stressed. Just looking for accuracy; people are after all asked to read this first. The information should be accurate IMO.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom