Visibility of the Solo Divers forum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Forum visibility is a moderator decision, and not a technical problem. I would suggest you contact a Moderator and/or @NetDoc about that.

Forum visibility is a moderator decision, and not a technical problem. ...//...
Understood, but that is not the issue. The visibility has been set. No issue with that.

Solo Divers should be visible to all logged-in members. I can see the forum and post in it, but it appears that other logged-in members can't. That is the problem. I'm posting this in their behalf.

Yes @lowviz is correct as a logged-in member I can not see the Solo Forum. Why not? Do I need to contact a moderator to get permission to see the forum?

Understood, but that is not the issue. The visibility has been set. No issue with that.

Solo Divers should be visible to all logged-in members. I can see the forum and post in it, but it appears that other logged-in members can't. That is the problem. I'm posting this in their behalf.

This is exactly how it's set up, so that the forum is visible only to members. If you'd like that changed, you should contact the moderator staff and/or @NetDoc to discuss that policy change with them.

I handle technical support, but I don't dabble in the site's politics.

Registered users can't see the forum, only solo divers. This is how it was set up. Whoever set the permissions, this is how they set them.

@NetDoc Apologies for the inconvenience, but can you clear this up for us?

Edit:
Being explicit, from several posts, it appears that logged-on ScubaBoard users can no longer view the Solo Divers forum unless they have previously opted-in. It is my assumption that you previously opened up the Solo Divers forum to all users as both a read and post forum.

It appears that this has changed after the upgrade.

Last edited:
My memory may be flaky, but I seem to remember that the solo divers forum was opened for read access for all members some time not very long ago. Now it seems to be invisible for anyone who hasn't opted in.

It seems to have disappeared as we moved to Xenforo: Welcome to the New ScubaBoard

BTW, the location of the solo diving forum has been discussed before: solo diving, advanced, not technical

I recently re-added myself to the "Solo Divers" user group. Anyone can do this. It caused the Solo Divers forum to re-appear for me.

I had removed myself from the user group because it changes the user title that appears below my avatar to "Solo Diver," which I find unnecessarily controversial. In another thread @NetDoc posted something that led me to believe that removing myself from the user group would have no effect on actual ability to view or post to the Solo Divers forum. Apparently that isn't the case, at least not now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom