Visibility in Edmonds, WA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bighiller

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Does anyone know what the viz is like currently at the Edmonds underwater park?

I haven't been to Edmonds recently, but I dove Cove 2 and Redondo yesterday. Both had very good viz below 30 feet, but typical 10 to 15 above it, so I'd imagine that's what Edmonds is having right now. You could post the question on nwdiveclub.com -- you might be more likely to find someone who has recently been at Edmonds.

When are you planning on diving there? The tides are pretty horrible for that site right now.

From what I am hearing, the viz around the Pacific NW is pretty much shot right now.

From what I am hearing, the viz around the Pacific NW is pretty much shot right now.
Yeah I heard from Scott that Ansell was pea soup all the way to 100 fsw yesterday. Was thinking of Porteau on Monday for a dusk and night dive but will wait till things clear up.

Well, as I said, we had excellent viz at Cove 2 and Redondo yesterday, once we got beneath about 30 feet. At Redondo, viz at 90 fsw had to be in the 40 to 50 foot range.

I was at Edmonds Marine park on saturday April 3rd and a 12 foot baby grey whale came to about 6 feet of water and surfaced right beside the jetty and then hung out there for a few minuits and then swam away. I was just gearing up at the time and wanted to see it up close. The viz was about 10 feet but it was really brite so a light was usless and there was a mild current but we still did a 70 min dive and topped out at 35 feet and was attacked by a couple cabzone fish. Funny they still attack even when you cant see them in low viz.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom