Visayas - itinerary suggestions for late June

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jeremyl

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have ~1wk stop in SIN so was thinking of a trip to Visayas. I could take early direct flight on June 26 to Cebu City. I have to be back in SIN by 7a July 4. So I could have a whole week diving. Didn't see any LOB options for those dates. Maybe there is a safari option so I can see a couple of the areas. Will be following 3.5wks in Bali/Komodo. Been to PG, Coron, Tubataha, so would want to concentrate on Visayas. AOW single diver, 250+ dives, like macro stuff but soft coral and big walls / big stuff too. Have camera. Nothing fancy needed.

Recommendations for itinerary/dive ops/etc? Thanks! Jeremy

Dauin township is about 20km down the road from Dumaguete City in Negros. Take a quick ferry from Cebu City.
It has Apo Island about 1hr by fast banca with good walls, current and schooling fish.
Dauin has some very nice macro.
Dumaguete is a university town, good nightlife (not only the seedy variety), good to take a motorbike around for a day if you want to take a break from diving.

It's been a while since I was there so can't recommend any shops.

Hey Jeremy,
There is already a ton of information on the forum regarding your questions.. do a quick search on the board and if after you have done that I would be happy to give you my biased opinion.. Just be aware that pricing is all over the place and that you can do land based safari's as well as boat based safari's. But Savedra offers a visayas safari and they are a fine operation.

Since you only have a max of 7 days I would only consider two places(by land).... if you had more time.......

I would be happy to provide you more info via PM or email... if you give me a few more specifics(mostly budget and importance of night life)...

Cheers,
Roger

Hi Jeremy,

Sea Explorers have 4 resorts and dc's in the Visayas and can arrange all transportation and dives for you during your stay. They are in Alona, Dauin, Cabilao and Malapascua and work closely together with two dc's in Maolboal. If this is your thing, you will be taken care of the moment you arrive at Cebu airport and you can get up to 4 dives per day.

like macro stuff but soft coral and big walls / big stuff too. Have camera. Nothing fancy needed.

In the Philippines this translates directly into a single word - Malapascua.

Early flight into Cebu arrives at 4am from Singapore. You're here on the island by 8am, eat breakfast and dive at 930am.

Late flight out on the 3rd gives you 7 full days of diving.

If you want to see 2 destinations then head down to Moalboal and dive with Roger half way through. So 3 days diving in each location.... a perfect trip.

Enjoy,

Matt.

Or go snorkelling with the whaleshark at Oslob on the last day.

In the Philippines this translates directly into a single word - Malapascua.

Early flight into Cebu arrives at 4am from Singapore. You're here on the island by 8am, eat breakfast and dive at 930am.

Late flight out on the 3rd gives you 7 full days of diving.

If you want to see 2 destinations then head down to Moalboal and dive with Roger half way through. So 3 days diving in each location.... a perfect trip.

Enjoy,

Matt.

Pick ups run that early? Looks like a very tight schedule to me, more realistic is arriving between 9 and 10, including sorting out luggage etc.

Pick ups run that early? Looks like a very tight schedule to me, more realistic is arriving between 9 and 10, including sorting out luggage etc.

For a very reasonable fee you can get a private car to meet you at the front door of the airport any time you land,, I just arranged a 4AM pick up for my Friends from Hong Kong...

If you need to really economize it gets a little more difficult but for the average traveler its real easy...

Cheers,
Roger

Yep, anytime you like. Just started a class with 2 guys from Singapore - they were here before 8. Obviously it depends on you, your luggage and whether you get Schumacher or Alonso as you driver!

You might even be able to get an early bus from Cebu North Terminal to Maya (port for Malapascua) around 5.30am. Would see you on the island in time for lunch :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom