Vis report requested - lake travis

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FIXXERVI6

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Has anyone been down to the windex area lately with a vis/temp report? I'm interested in the 120 to 150' range, thanks.

Anything in triple digit depths right now is, to be generous, crap. We had 'hold my arm' vis at 135' a couple a weeks ago...temps running about 60F top to bottom.

cyklon_300:
Anything in triple digit depths right now is, to be generous, crap. We had 'hold my arm' vis at 135' a couple a weeks ago...temps running about 60F top to bottom.

Gregg
I am thinking mid-march before things start to get fun.
Would you agree?

Dave

Man, this sucks. You know, I can deal with the cold if there's going to be some decent viz (8'+) but 55 deg for 3' viz...

I haven't been in the water since my Nov FL trip and I'm getting the shakes. I guess there's always Balmorhea. Rick, better get together a singles rig, going to look kind of silly in 108's in a 25' deep swimming pool.

loosebits:
Rick, better get together a singles rig, going to look kind of silly in 108's in a 25' deep swimming pool.

LOL

I plan on going up to Windy Point next week to pull off some scooter runs. If anybody dives this weekend PLEASE be kind and post a vis report.

Thanks in advance
Dave

loosebits:
Man, this sucks. You know, I can deal with the cold if there's going to be some decent viz (8'+) but 55 deg for 3' viz...

I haven't been in the water since my Nov FL trip and I'm getting the shakes. I guess there's always Balmorhea. Rick, better get together a singles rig, going to look kind of silly in 108's in a 25' deep swimming pool.

Hey man, its all about bottom time

I was looking foward to doing some gear tweaking later this month or early next month, but I'm not gonna dive in split pea soup for it :( Hopefully it'll clear up one of these days.

Scott

On Tuesday we made two dives at Mansfield Park. Down to 80 feet we had 8-10 foot visability. Below that it started clouding up. Water temp was 59 degress all the way down. Last week we dove to 107 feet and it was 2-3 foot vis. below 80 feet.

Ron,

Looking forward to getting our tanks filled at Oak Hill.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We're diving Monday at Mansfield, forecast is sunny and 75° F; from LCRA:

Lake Travis, at 664.05 feet, is six feet below the normal January average. Lake Travis will remain steady as only maintenance releases for the lower river are scheduled. Releases from Lake Travis will pass through Mansfield Dam to supply water for the City of Austin and to replenish Lake Austin releases. The surface temperature of Lake Travis near Mansfield Dam is 60° F.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom