Virtual Dive Club

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FishDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I am moving back to California!

Despite living in California for twenty years I have only done a few dives there. The whole cold water diving experience represented more of a learning curve than I wanted to handle. I moved to Sydney, Australia three years ago and got my OW as soon as I stepped off the plane. I will have completed about four hundred dives by the time I return to California in 2009.

I intend to hit the ground running with new dive buddies when I return. I have researched a number of local clubs and, of course, this forum. I stumbled across a group that organizes dives without requiring dues or pointless meetings. I don't know if this is common knowledge or not, their site is The Greater Bay Area Scuba Lovers Meetup (Santa Clara, CA) - Meetup.com

I hope to meet and dive with many of you in the coming year.

I stumbled across a group that organizes dives without requiring dues or pointless meetings. I don't know if this is common knowledge or not, their site is The Greater Bay Area Scuba Lovers Meetup (Santa Clara, CA) - Meetup.com

Welcome back to California!

I've done a few dives with that group. The group contains a pretty wide range of skill levels and interests, and everybody I've met has been really nice. If you're looking for a more "hardcore" or particularly difficult dive then the meetups probably aren't the thing for you, but there are certianly people in the group who I'm sure would be happy to make plans and go out for those. :)

Welcome back to California!

I've done a few dives with that group. The group contains a pretty wide range of skill levels and interests, and everybody I've met has been really nice. If you're looking for a more "hardcore" or particularly difficult dive then the meetups probably aren't the thing for you, but there are certianly people in the group who I'm sure would be happy to make plans and go out for those. :)

I have a huge group of dive buddies here in Sydney and I don't know anyone that dives in California. I'd like to develop a group of buddies and gain experience with California conditions before attempting more challenging dives.

I have a huge group of dive buddies here in Sydney and I don't know anyone that dives in California. I'd like to develop a group of buddies and gain experience with California conditions before attempting more challenging dives.

In that case I can highly recommend that meetup group. They're really great people.

Welcome to California Fishdiver! We have Meet & Greets regularly also, which is a good way to meet dive buddies. There is one scheduled for the 8th in Monterey if the weather cooperates. I'll be posting the details soon. I hope to see you there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom