VIP and Shipping Tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

geraldp:
That's an excellent price - that way you don't have to hassle with the airlines at all. I suspect you'll still have to remove the valves, though, if the tanks will be shipped via air.

I would check with the postal service. I'm sure they have a list a mile long of what's illegal to ship.

Didn't the deadly ValueJet crash in the everglades several years ago get finally attributed to some O2 tanks in the cargo hold?

Jerry

and the postal service lists scuba tanks as a schedule 2 prohibited item... but I suspect that if the tank valves are removed that they would no longer be prohibited.

mempilot:
You might want to give them a call to verify their wording. Their definition of Dive Tank is a compressed gas cylinder. With the valve off, their is no compressed gas. I've seen valve-less tanks being loaded in my cargo hold, but I'm not sure the specifics around who was shipping them. I'm flying later today. I'll ask a TSA super to see what they have to say about it. I know, one of one hundred answers due to mixed standards. :)

I would appreciate if you could do that! My tanks are all pretty new... 1995 and newer. I was looking at getting some new PST tanks shipped to St. Thomas as well... it looks like that is still considered domestic since it's a territory.

Does anyone know of anyone that has PST E7-100's in stock?

mempilot:
Their definition of Dive Tank is a compressed gas cylinder. With the valve off, their is no compressed gas.
Exactly. It's a compressed gas cylinder with no compressed gas. Problem is, it's *still* a compressed gas cylinder, a prohibited item.

Roak

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom