Vintagedoublehose: are Scubapro MK 5 Stainless Steel Swivel Retainers still available?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubafanatic

Contributor
Reaction score
I checked the site, I'm worried as not only is the item not-in-stock, there's not even a placeholder on the site for this part anymore, (and not being advertised on E-bay anymore either) which makes it sound like they're gone for good. Anyone have any information on this ?

rut-ro, I need a few....
While I've got a lot of my Mk 5's already converted over to the new bolt, I've still some more that may need the conversion, so I was wanting to up my bolt inventory for that possibility.

I have a few lying around someplace, but I also have a couple of MK5s that might need them. Honestly I would not worry about it too much. Have a good close look at the brass bolt with a jeweler's loupe; you should be able to see any obvious signs of damage. If it looks good, just use it and don't overtorque it. I've only seen one or two that had any signs of damage.

I said "might" need them because it's a low enough priority for me that I'm not going to specifically take one apart just to change the bolt. Whenever I rebuild one (not that often, those things are good for a lot of dives between rebuilds) I check the bolt. I can't remember the last time I switched one.

The earlier MK5s used a circlip, as has been noted. Take a look at those puny circlips and you'll get an idea of how little the stress is on that connection.

I bet Bryan can put his hands on one for you; if he's out, it wouldn't surprise me if he does another run.

I should have more by the end of the month. Please check the website store for updates.

www.vintagedoublehose.com

Thank you

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom