Vintage stuff - help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes I think it's a regional thing.
I've heard those horror stories out of Fl and Ca but not up here. Locals will also fill ST 72's if they have 3/4" valves but I am hitting resistance when it comes to the 1/2" thread. What's wrong with a 1/2" neck on a 50 year old tank anyways???
From what I've read there were initially a handfull of incidents with the 6351 alloy but none since eddy current testing began. Considering the millions of tanks that handful come out of it does seem an over reaction to me.

You guys blow me away. From the dismal picture that I attached you were able to (correctly) recognize the following:

-Fins: Swimaster Mark X --- correct!
-Compass: Scubapro ---- correct!
- J-Valve on Aluminium Tank --- correct!
- US Divers Aqualung ----correct!

Also, you are correct, the BC unfortunately does not hold air as it should. Its in perfect shape, not a scratch, but it leaks somewhere. I put it up for sale / trade for 75 bucks or swap for any scuba gear, see link below if anyone is interested. Not sure what the true value is, I just pulled the number out of thin air, so open to any offers.

Thank you everyone!

On a good day it may be worth $10, if it were a horse collar maybe $20. There is very little vintage interest in the early jacket type BCs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom