Vintage ;o)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If it is the Gold 25th Ann. DA Aquamaster, it can be worth up to $3,000.00. If it has been used and beatup, it is worth a lot less.
homeimage.jpg

Nice, very nice...But, not as sharp as your gold plated Phoenix!

Greg

Wow - reading some of these posting about vintage gear is a eye opener. I knew real old stuff was in demand but I had no idea that people were into stuff as recent as 80's type gear. Guess I better go see what I have out in the garage that may be of interest to someone. I always just assumed it was unsafe junk.

You are very correct. Unless it is the state of the Art, made in 2009 0f high-tech plastic and full of "0" rings, it is unsafe junk. It is a wonder that there are any divers over the age of 40 who actually dove that old unsafe junk still alive today. And to think, some people even dive gear made in the 1950s, the era of high risk and danger.
Threedivers.jpg

Wow - reading some of these posting about vintage gear is a eye opener. I knew real old stuff was in demand but I had no idea that people were into stuff as recent as 80's type gear. Guess I better go see what I have out in the garage that may be of interest to someone. I always just assumed it was unsafe junk.

Safety is overrated, and 80s junk is just that, junk.

N

Safety is overrated, and 80s junk is just that, junk.

N

Nem, you insulted my 1984 Scuba Pro MK V / R109.
After all it is my newest regulator.

I think Vintage is anything before the Pink wetsuit. (other colors are OK).

You can tell those guys are unsafe divers. They have their masks on their foreheads.

:shakehead: Rookies

Lol
don't know why but that gets me every time.

I think Vintage is anything before the Pink wetsuit. (other colors are OK).

In 2005 I had the pleasure of sharing resort and a few dives with a particular Russian couple. She was small quiet, very pale and a bit worn and malnourished looking. He was thin and gangly but sported this huge russian father-of-the-country type beard that would conflict terribly with his equipment. He was assistant instructor, she open water

Whilst not submerged they would have these wonderful relationship dramas, in Russian, that seemed to drive them - but particularly the male - to the very edge of crazy and back. He would shout and invoke heaven, she would be deliberately slow and clumsy and sometimes cry a bit - and yet they both seemed to derive some strange pleasure from it. At least judging from the romantic sounds from the very basic bamboo house at night.

He never ceased teaching her, she never ceased tripping him, and somehow it felt like, for all the antics that she was the more powerful (or plain clever) one.

Their arguments would continue with hand signals - of which he knew more than she, and would be inclined to use more of during a single dive than most in a lifetime of underwater exploration - during dives and I do believe they missed out on much of the exploration but hardly any of the action.

The point of this turgenjev-length entry simply being that, pale as they were, they both favoured screaming pink, full-body wetsuits.

Quite the voyeur, I loved every second.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom