Vintage "Mike Nelson" knife

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pvak

Reaction score
I'm looking for a dive knife with a knuckle guard like the one Mike Nelson had in Sea Hunt. His was a Voit "Vulcan" which of course is no longer available. Has anyone seen any dive knives with full knuckle guards? A few months ago I saw one at a web site selling dive gear but I no longer have the URL.
Thanks,
Peter

pvak:
I'm looking for a dive knife with a knuckle guard like the one Mike Nelson had in Sea Hunt. His was a Voit "Vulcan" which of course is no longer available. Has anyone seen any dive knives with full knuckle guards? A few months ago I saw one at a web site selling dive gear but I no longer have the URL.
Thanks,
Peter
Aloha PVAK
I saw two sell in the last week on e-bay. One went for about $100, and one went for $86. I will try to let you know if I see another come up for sale soon.
Turtleguy

Aloha Pvak
Sorry, the knife sold for $294.00 Thats a lot for a knife that sold for $7.49 when new.
I will keep looking for you.
Turtleguy

I made my own from an old Mk II Navy knife, removed the butt plate & added the knuckle guard. Had to remove a couple of the leather discs making up the handle to compensate before peening the tang back over.
It worked well in the GLakes, probably not so good in saltwater.

pvak:
Thanks,
Peter

Hey, I saw the dive knife you are talking about last night on eBay. It looks like the one on Sea Hunt and looks like it is in good condition. I think there is only a day or so left to buy the knife. The item number is 7195871758. I think it was under scuba knives if you can't find it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/U-S-DIVERS-VULC...ryZ29577QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Hey, the dive knife also looks like it comes with the original scabbard. Right now it's selling for about 38.00.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom