Vintage Ice Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RE: 2019 pic,

One diver / one tender, No crossed lines, no carabiners on the ice, all emergency equipment at the ready, guessing the emergency diver took that photo.

Man in chair looks happy...

Supervising. :D

and we still do it that way! (2017)

View attachment 535441
Okay, I've got to ask, what was your experience with the Argonaut Kraken under ice? The reason is that I have been recommending it to cold-water/ice divers I meet.

SeaRat

Okay, I've got to ask, what was your experience with the Argonaut Kraken under ice? The reason is that I have been recommending it to cold-water/ice divers I meet.

SeaRat

It performed flawlessly, and it was -25F that day out of the water.... The DH, as you know, is stellar in cold water as the second stage is dry. You still need to do it right, and cold water practices are not cast aside because of this regulator. The improvements is flow paths & the engineering behind it produced a tremendous breathing regulator. They rival my Poseidon and ScubaPro single hose sets.

Now, with all that being said, the 2019 photo, and my 2018 dives were on a 1967 PRAM/HPR/DPE/DSV. Something to be said about all that brass as a heat-sink.

Love both, and dive DH regs for probably 85-90% of my diving. Only use modern single hose for technical.

YMMV

Back
Top Bottom