Vintage ebay sellers beware

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike Lev

Contributor
Reaction score
Just letting everyone know about some loser screen name was CONSHELF. I think before that it was CALYPSODIVERS. Check his feedback. He has stiffed Rob from the Scuba Museum and many many other people. His new name is JMCOUSTEAU. He is from turkey. Sellers can't leave negative feedback anymore. But they can leave nasty comments. He told me he is son of an Ottoman. I am not impressed. I don't ship overseas. This is one reason. Pass it on.

Guess I was one of the lucky ones.....at least he paid. But a complete pain in the arse to deal with.

Just letting everyone know about some loser screen name was CONSHELF. I think before that it was CALYPSODIVERS. Check his feedback. He has stiffed Rob from the Scuba Museum and many many other people. His new name is JMCOUSTEAU. He is from turkey. Sellers can't leave negative feedback anymore. But they can leave nasty comments. He told me he is son of an Ottoman. I am not impressed. I don't ship overseas. This is one reason. Pass it on.

Just because someone rips you off from another country and is not in our jurisdiction, does not mean they are untouchable.

I would hope if this ever happens, people go to their local law enforcement agency in order to get a case number. I'm not sure what the statutes are in Ohio, but since the crime took place in Ohio, then there should be a case created for the theft. Might be theft of services or something else if The Scuba Museum worked on the reg.

Next, ask your investigating officer to write a letter on the local law enforcements letterhead and send it, via post, to the Turkish authorities. The Turks have even less patience for this BS than we do and they will likely investigate. Odds are, this person has been on their radar before.

I agree with you. I didn't say ripped offed. But stiffed. What I really meant was he has bid on countless items and never paid for them. He was bidding yesterday on a Voit Dolphin reg. The seller cancelled his bid. He tried rebidding two times since under two new names with 0 wins. He is a joker that pays when he feels like it. He won items from Rob and never paid. I know other people that had the same deal with him. Ebay is really getting to be a joke. They don't care. They just want there $$$ and they get plenty from sellers. I just wanted to let anyone selling vintage dive items about this clown. Thanks.

Well bleep, this explains a lot....I have a Dacor he bought from me and never paid for...oh well, Ebay gave me the money back and I still have the item.

---------- Post added May 16th, 2012 at 06:22 AM ----------

After not paying on a reg would you believe he is bidding on another item I have.....one that specifically states "no foreign bids"....at least I know this time...

After not paying on a reg would you believe he is bidding on another item I have.....one that specifically states "no foreign bids"....at least I know this time...

You can change your seller account settings so that foreign bidders can't place a bid. That would be more effective than stating "no foreign bids" in the auction.

I do have them blocked. But sometimes they get around it. If they have a U.S. address to ship to that's fine. I only ship overseas to a few friends when they let me know ahead of time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom