Vintage Diving Photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lotte Hass

girl11_zps4712e08f.jpg

Trapezus,
In my profession use to associate 'Trapezus,' with the anatomy of the back , now I associate it with incredible pure diving research.
Your efforts have not gone unnoticed and are certainly appreciated by the diving historians every where, now and I and am sure will be used as references for future generations of historians ...<KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK >

re Your last batch of pictures

Lottie Hass
I first became aware of Lottie and Hans after watching the 1948 movie "Under the red sea." With the assistance of my cousin, who was a graduate in mine safety engineering I (we) made a rebreather in 1948 or 9 using MSA & surplus of the wall items. two short swimming pool dives and it was retired forever.

I met them in 1959 at the International UW Film Festival We chatted ...they both spoke perfect English, so I had them inscribe the program to me. In the ensuing years I met them on occasion and had them inscribe their books to me...I now have all of their American published books inscribed to me resting in the book case behind me .

Jane Russell
What a great lady ! very unassuming very talented and very religious She was a neighbor of a friend of ours so we saw each other socially for at least 25 or more years. In all of those meeting not once did I think to acquire a poster from the movie "Underwater" and have her inscribe it to me.

After her passing a friend wrote a tribute to here in the Historical diver. Some one told him I knew Jane so he sent me several copies of the magazine and I had Jane's daughter in law, Etta Waterfield inscribe it for him...Not exactly Jane but close enough.

FYI Jane & Bob adapted a boy and a girl when they were married . Bob Jr aka Bucky marred Etta who is one lovey woman also like Jane very unassuming very talented and very religious. Runs in the family..

Keep up the great work..

SDM

I'd recognize that water and broken concrete bank anywhere, this can only be one place, Portage Quarry, Bowling Green, Ohio

pic is of one of the Portage Quarry Queens, circa 2007.

Jeff and Monica we miss your quarry and your annual events.

Long live Legends of Diving, and to Portage Quarry, home of the whole half chicken dinner.

Venerable Dr. Miller,
Many thanks for the information. You are a living history.. and an American cultural asset.
I benefited a lot from the information you provide. I introduce you to my country vintage divers. They know you very well. I think you are a unique source without the benefit of the university. I hope you understand my poor english.
Previously, I read your article about Jane Russell. Hopefully you live longer and We'll use your information.Best Regards.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom