Vintage Diver Picture

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks John, Mom is doing well, she just doesn't have the mobility to live alone. They have thousands of pictures and 8mm moives, it'll take many hours to go thru them all. There was an 8mm movie made of my dive in the living room! If I ever get it on a media I can post I will. We used to repiar our suits but never tried to make gloves or suits for that matter. The harness I'm wearing in the ice diving pic I made from seatbelts, brass book screws and SS rings. Those were good days.

I have often heard/read references to seatbelts being used for harnesses and even saw an old hawaiian pack at a flea market with one as a waist belt.

I have often heard/read references to seatbelts being used for harnesses and even saw an old hawaiian pack at a flea market with one as a waist belt.

Well now you know where the idea came from!:wink::D

Your photo brought back some great memories. When I was 7, my father made me my "first" scuba from some coffee cans. Somewhere I have some 8mm movies of me swimming in the back yard. Now I want to find an old projector and check them out. Thanks for bringing back some great memories.

Just in case anybody cares:

QuickReleaseonHarness.jpg

Nice.....now, how about a double carrick? JK

If I remember my knots correctly, that is a double. A single is a sheet bend when two lines are used or a knot tied on the end of a single line.

Hey you're tying up the thread! :rofl3: That's a double.

DSCF7638CR700W.jpg

What The? ....that looks like a muddy Mint Julep. Is that the way ya'll make them in CA?

Back
Top Bottom