Vintage dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I really like the photo of divers ascending the line from the wreck. Nice depth (literally and figuratively). I remember doing that REALLY slowly when I was there -- my computer kept squawking at me to get the heck up b/c I had reached my no deco limit but I didn't want to go up too fast and risk a DCI hit.

And you got the frogfish again!

Now where in the world do you get that vintage equipment serviced????

marpacifica:
And you got the frogfish again!

Now where in the world do you get that vintage equipment serviced????

Yup. He's still hanging out there, some days you find him some days you don't, so it's always a like an easter egg hunt:D

The demand and the interest is quite high. In fact it's so popular that some companies have even started reproducing parts ( right now I'm not sure if it's new companies or the original companies).

Roger has worked on his own stuff ( is certified for it ) and if he has one where something needs to be done for which he doesn't have the tools, he'll send it in to a company that specializes in vintage gear repair. It's really cool. The one he is using in the pic just came back from repair. It breaths so easy...Rogers says that it makes his modern regs look bad!

Nice photos Lisa. I have a friend here who is a "relic diver". He doesn't use a BCD, wears a T-shirt instead of a wetsuit, uses swim fins with a pair of sweat socks, has a mask like the one that Lloyd Bridges used in "Sea Hunt" some 30+ years ago.
He is one heck of a diver though.

Back
Top Bottom