Vintage Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Walter:
Lisa,

You snuck in one photo from a different dive. In number 9, he's using a different reg and a single tank.

Not completely vintage on either dive, but very nice, none the less.

Yeah, that was our 2nd dive, he had a Kawasaki DA Aquamaster regulator from Japan (1960's) that he rebuilt and a US Divers J-valve tank (1960's). It was a last minute choice to do a vintage dive and he didn't have the time to dig out the proper vintage suit, I think most of them are shorties anyway and for my taste the water is too cold (72f = we've gotten used to the warmer 80+ we have in Summer) for that right now.

Simon:
Great pics...have always thought that the Uwatec dive computers were looking a little vintage

Hee hee, he used my computer just to make sure we didn't stay down too long.

Thanks for looking!
Lisa

ShoalDiverSA:
Excellent Lisa,

I really like the sepia/greyscale effect - really adds character...

Cheers,

Andrew

Thanks Andrew, I just love fooling around with the pictures!

Lisa

Nice pics! Did you try using the vintage gear as well??
I wonder how well it performs compared to the newer stuff, like Apeks 200 regs...

boney:
Nice pics! Did you try using the vintage gear as well??
I wonder how well it performs compared to the newer stuff, like Apeks 200 regs...
Not on this dive, I didn't trust it (myself) at 120'. I have one vintage dive under my belt, the pictures can be seen at

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/divingantiquescuba/

The Vintage 2003 folder. I really liked the fact that I didn't wear a BCD, so less confined. It was easy to regulate my boyancy. But when I got down to a certain depth it was a bit harder to breath and triggered an asthma attack (I know, all in my head). So only shallow vintage for me.

Aloha,
Lisa

Walter:
Double hose regs are actually easier to breath if you take them deeper.

Maybe it was the combination of all, the angle I was going down on and the fact that the bite of the mouth piece was too hard and too big for me, causing lots of strain to my jaw, the depth and having asthma....it all added up and it got kinda tight to breath.
Lisa

Back
Top Bottom