Viking sport inflation valve question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Renthorin

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have a Viking Sport 90 X (Red/black) drysuit. I plan to be in a cold water environment snorkeling but not diving. I want to wear the drysuit but was told that without the inflation hose attached water will leak into the suit through that valve.

I opened the suit and tried to both blow and suck on the small hole on the back of the suit but no air moved.

Anyone know if it will leak water? I can always put the silly thing on and see if it holds air with me in it but looking for a quick/easy answer.

thanks,

Will

I believe trellborg/viking sells a blank/plug for that valve, where upon you can completely unscrew it and put it the plug if you are afraid it will leak.

the way mine is (old style I think) there is a line from running to the valve on my chest. It has a small schrader-type button at the end. When the line is in the valve housing you press the opposite end of the housing from the line and that pushes the schrader valve.

I will look into the blank plug option to see if that would work. My wife will be home tomorrow so she can zip me in and I can pressure test :)

If I am not mistaken your inflater hose has a little button on the end. When you push on the inflater you are pushing in on the little button. Very very simple. If it is the same suit, I had one for over ten years finally graduating to the pro. It served me very very well. I just went on Trellborg's website and they offer a blank. If you have a problem locating one, I will provide you with a authorized repair facility if it will help.

If it were me, and that were my suit, I would see if I could remove the valve and put an oral inflater in there. In that way you would have the option of being able to introduce air into the suit if you needed to, for flotation or warmth.

I have been diving Trellborg Viking since 1980.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom